Halloween is just like any other holiday…it creates a lot of trash. From the disposable costumes and decorations to the candy wrappers and plastic pumpkin trick-or-treat containers. Don’t make one scary night turn into a scary future for our kids. Go green this Halloween with these five easy tips:
Top 5 Green Halloween Tips:
- Make your own costume from recycled materials & objects you have laying around the house.
- Buy your pumpkins from local farms
- Create your own party decorations to reuse year after year
- Use a pillow case or canvas bag for trick or treating
- Use homemade face paint instead using toxic makeup (combine cornstarch, solid shortening, and food color)