Improve your home’s indoor air quality by installing HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters.
Ordinary disposable fiberglass filters (that are in most homes) were designed to remove the largest particles from the air, with the goal of protecting your heating equipment, not your lungs. They trap only 10% to 40% of the debris passing through them. A HEPA filter, on the other hand, can remove at least 99.97% of airborne particles. These filters are made of randomly arranged fibers and are based on Department of Energy standards.
HEPA filters will help cut down on allergens & dust in your home, helping you & your family breath a little easier.
When cooking smaller meals, save energy & time by using a microwave or a toaster oven rather than heating up your full-size oven.
If you can’t afford or just don’t have access to Organic food…don’t worry, there are still ways to protect yourself from the pesticides.
- Buy fresh vegetables and fruits in season. When long storage and long-distance shipping are not required, fewer pesticides are used on the produce.
- Trim tops and the very outer portions of celery, lettuce, cabbages, and other leafy vegetables that may contain the bulk of pesticide residues.
- Peel and cook when appropriate, even though some nutrients and fiber are lost in the process.
- Eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. This would limit exposure to any one type of pesticide residue.
- Purchase only fruits and vegetables that are subject to USDA regulations. Produce imported from other countries is not grown under the same regulations as enforced by the USDA. Examples are strawberries and cantaloupes from Mexico.
- Wait until just before preparation to wash or immerse your produce in clean water. When appropriate, scrub with a brush. Experts at the University of California-Berkeley report that this removes nearly all insects and dirt, as well as bacteria and some pesticide residues.
- Special soaps or washes are not needed and could be harmful to you, depending on their ingredients. Read the label of any product before buying. Cold water is perfectly fine.
For Meats, Poultry, & Fish:
- Trim the fat from meat, and fat and skin from poultry and fish. Residues of some pesticides concentrate in animal fat.
Use a nontoxic, natural bug spray instead of a chemical sprays to help protect your family and wildlife from the harmful effects of toxic insecticides. There are many nontoxic, natural bug sprays available for sale. Products containing either a soap solution or a citrus-oil based solution are good choices.
California Baby’s Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray is a great natural spray to your fight against bug bites! It’s a safe and natural alternative to toxic bug repellent chemicals, Citronella, lemongrass and cedar do not cause harm to humans, pets or the environment. The DEET free natural formula repels bugs such as fleas, mosquitoes, ticks and biting flies. California Baby Natural Bug Spray does double duty helping to soothe existing bites with herbs that are specific to the healing of the skin. California Baby uses only the finest quality, traditionally recommended oils that are safe, gentle, and effective. California Baby’s essential oils are guaranteed pesticide free and sustainably grown.
- Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients
- DEET free – Non-toxic – Non-chemical
- Non-invasive – Non-irritating
- Vegetable and plant based ingredients
- No nut oils, gluten, soy, oat or dairy
Buy Green, Live Green, Order Now!
Before stashing your dinner leftovers in the fridge, let them cool to room temperature. This will keep the fridge from working overtime to chill them out & save you money on your energy bill.
Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 10th.
Are you still looking for that perfect gift for your mama?
Not to worry, The Go Green Blog is here to help. Here are the top 5 lavish eco-friendly gifts to pamper your mama this year & lessen your carbon footprint on the environment.
1- Organic flowers or live plants that can be planted in her back yard
2- Candles made from soy wax or beeswax
3- Conflict free diamond jewelry
4- Fair Trade treats like chocolates, coffee, or fruit
5- Donation to a charity or an organization in your Mother’s name
Wow Green products are different from other cleaning products out there. Instead of scrubbing, you just spray and wait about one minute. That’s because these cleaning products don’t immediately kill what you spray, but instead break down your dirt, stains and spills into harmless waste that you can then easily wipe away. And that also means no lingering chemical residue, like the residue that can be left behind and build up when you clean with traditional, chemical-based cleaners. With the all-inclusive range of Wow Green cleaning products, you and your family can greenify your entire home overnight. And at a cost that’s comparable to what you already spend on toxic cleaning products.
Not to mention, Wow Green products are delivered in either recyclable or reusable containers. Recyclable containers are delivered full of product and should be recycled when empty. Reusable containers are the six spray bottles, and they are refilled using a combination of the small concentrate packets and cool tap water.
Show your family you care about their health & Order Now!
Taking off your shoes at the door is not only a polite custom, but it also prevents you from tracking in unwanted dirt, pesticides, & other nasty toxins from the outdoors into your home.
Keep your family healthy by getting a doormat for outside your front door & an entryway rug for inside your home. This will help to collect the undesirable toxins & dirt that are tracked in and prevent these substances from migrating throughout your house.
The water we use outside eventually flows to streams and lakes, so be careful and think about what you are sending.
Never dump chemicals outside into the street drain. And always wash your car at a car wash to keep soapy water & oily dirt from running down the driveway and into the street drain.
Celebrate the 2009 Earth Day Holiday with this awesome 100% organic cotton T-shirt.
T-shirt comes in brown with a great green message, “Everyday Is Earth Day”.
Show your support for our environment & Order Now!